Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Bye bye New York!

    October 29, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Well the time has come to leave this city, country and living in luxury behind and go back to our backpacking life. Although it was full of ups and downs, it was a reminder of why eventually we will want to go home, our incredible friends. For the past few days we were not frugal with our money and we just enjoyed ourselves. Albeit and expensive way to live it was just what we needed.

    Just before leaving Luke's flat he and Ines arrived fresh off the plane from Mozambique. I'm so glad I was able to see them even if it was just for the 1 hour that we did. I have missed them both so much since they've moved to NYC. After saying our sad goodbyes me and Will went for a quick brunch and then jumped on multiple trains to get to Newark Airport. On our final train to the airport we realised we were about to change our watches and therefore would technically now be dated 30th. So before doing this we had to get our 10,000 steps in. We looked like such idiots doing running actions on the train, but we got there in the end!

    Going through security and doing our spritz, water and wee routine was all straightforward. Now I will close off this footprint as the time difference has screwed me up and technically I need to start on the 30th! So speak to you soon when we arrive in Hong Kong... If we arrive...
    Read more