Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Can we stay here?

    December 1, 2018 in India ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    It's so peaceful here! Sure there were dogs barking at night but hey we can't have it all! Not waking up to constant beeping and call to prayer was just luxury. But.. Will really wasn't feeling very well and unfortunately had quite an unsettled sleep with his fever, so we had a lie in for once and stayed in bed till about 9am. We then got up and went for a little walk around the dam and found a trail. We'll obviously we had to follow it and that we did! It took us to a really small lake, normally it would have been huge, where we sat, meditated, bird watched and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Realising it was quite late we walked back as I'm sure Ajay thought we would only be half an hour. We've definitely been gone two!

    When we got back Will was feeling worse so we just chilled out as we weren't sure where Ajay had gone. We had only eaten a banana and orange today so we had a quick stuffed paratha to settle our rumbling stomachs and then around 4pm another guest Iver took us on a little hike around the lakes and villages and up a small hill to watch sunset. We saw a couple of King Fishers including the Indian Blue Kingfisher and a black and white kingfisher and we saw plum headed parakeets. It was really beautiful and so peaceful.

    In the evening, as Will wasn't feeling very well still, we decided it was a day to have our traditional pizza night. Even though we were in the middle of nowhere and it wasn't very touristic there was a local pizzeria with a clay oven. The pizza was really yummy, but all of a sudden Will got really ill. He's had a really bad fever, stomach cramps and is now having acid flux. We rang Ajay and he came to the rescue and picked us up. Will's hands were freezing. It was a bit chilly but with my coat I was snuggly so I began to get worried. I got lots of hot water and lots of blankets, we watched a bit of friends, he took night nurse and fell asleep. Unfortunately at about 2am he woke up really ill again so we topped up on medicine and all I could do was warm him with my body heat as he was just so cold. He soo fell asleep again and was fine till the morning. I think it'll be a doctors visit tomorrow.
    Read more