Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day 19 - Auburn AL to Jackson MS

    June 29, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Today was pretty much a travel day. We left Chewacla State park early and hit the Dunkin Donuts. The breakfast of champions with a pint and a half of coffee. Perfect. The Tuskegee Airmen National monument (Moton field) is close so we head over there to check it out. Unfortunately we're early and don't want to wait 40 minutes for them to open up. We walk the outside area, snap a pic or two, and saddle up. We end up traveling through quite a bit of rural Alabama on the way to Mississippi. Almost everybody drives with the hammer down so we get passed a lot.

    When we stop for gas and lunch about 1 pm, we notice that there are two crockpots of boiled peanuts on the counter, so we get a cup to go. Our lunch consists of boiled peanuts, busted bagel chips, and dried fruit. The boiled peanuts are strange but good and they're so salty I feel dizzy after lunch. Onward towards Jackson, Missippi where we plan to crash at the big lake northeast of town. Tried white chocolate bread pudding for dessert. It was really good, but I have no idea how they get sourdough to be that dense.
    Read more