Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Honolulu to Charlotte

    July 22, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    American Airlines AA552 | HNL/CLT
    Premium Economy Class
    Boeing 777-200ER | N777AN
    ATD/1838 | ATA/1002+1

    ==============================================================

    My first pandemic flight was a little nerve wracking. We flew via Charlotte both ways, and we paid a little extra for Premium Economy tickets on the Honolulu-Charlotte sectors so that we could have a little more space away from other passengers.

    On the outbound journey, we had a two-seater with nobody next to us and a wall behind us. This worked well for us as it was clear that there was no social distancing possible in the crowded Economy cabin behind us. The layover in Charlotte was a little uncomfortable as this was the first time since the pandemic hit that I was in an indoor space with so many people around me. Premium Economy was not available on the short hop between Charlotte and LaGuardia, and it was a little uncomfortable having a stranger beside me and other people close by in the rows in front and behind us.

    We were upgraded to First Class (with lie flat seats) on the Charlotte-Honolulu sector and so we had no issues with social distancing on that flight. Thankfully, everyone adhered to the mask mandate. My ears ached as I have never had to keep my mask on for such a long time before.

    https://www.travelblog.org/North-America/United…
    Read more