Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Hudson River Park

    July 25, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Our lunch stop that day was, once again, Buddha Bodai, this time to have lunch with Jeff’s college friend Darcy and her family. After lunch, we again headed back to Big Gay Ice Cream where we indulged in more ice cream. But, Jeff still wasn’t sated. He was craving Good Humor toasted almond bars, an ice cream he grew up with which is only available in the northeast. We found a supermarket that sold it in six packs. Jeff bought the box and started eating all six bars frantically before they melted.

    We walked around aimlessly while he ate, and we found ourselves back at Hudson River Park. We walked southwards with a vague plan to jump onto the free Staten Island Ferry which passes by the Statue of Liberty. Along the way, we enjoyed the public space, including some piers that had been done up.

    After over an hour of walking, we took a break and we both admitted our feet hurt. We’d both recently bought new shoes and they weren’t yet fully broken in. We googled our hotel and found that it was only eight minutes away. We decided to skip Staten Island.

    https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/pier-26-tid…

    https://www.travelblog.org/North-America/United…
    Read more