Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Arrival in Tokyo

    July 5, 2010 in Japan ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    I arrived at Narita first via United Airlines, and from there I made my way to Terminal 2 and waited for about an hour Jeff to arrive from LAX on American Airlines. After he arrived, we took the Narita Express to Shinjuku.

    We undertook this trip without the benefit of a mobile data plan. Tokyo is not the friendliest place if you are seeking to get somewhere with only an address and a not-to-scale paper map. Arriving into Shinjuku after sundown, we walked in circles for 45 minutes in the rain after exiting the subway station before we finally found our hotel. After checking in, we ate at a nearby noodle joint before calling it a night.

    The next morning, while eating breakfast, we observed many people walking into an alleyway about 50 feet from our hotel. We decided to check it out and we were amused to find that the subway station was right there!

    Our stay at the City Hotel Lonestar came with an unexpected bonus: A front row view of the Shinjuku Ni-Chome Walk of Shame. Our hotel is located in an area with a number of bars, and it also provided free breakfast in a second-floor room with big windows fronting the street. Every morning at breakfast, we amused ourselves viewing inebriated young men doing the walk of shame after a night of debauchery.

    https://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Japan/Tokyo/blo…
    Read more