Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 2

    Lydia's Wedding

    23 de abril de 2011, Colombia ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    The wedding was supposed to start at 8pm. Somehow, there was a communication breakdown. Apparently, Lydia (the bride) wasn't even dressed at 8pm, but we were already at the wedding venue by then. So, we hung out and listened to the random tracks that the deejay played - he must have picked a few English tracks for the visiting guests.

    The wedding finally got underway at around 10pm when the bride arrived. We didn't really understand what was going on during the ceremony, but we did notice that "Christo" (Spanish for "Christ") was mentioned a lot! We were famished by the time the marriage vows were exchanged and we gratefully devoured the food that was served. After that, there was dancing. I stared fascinated - Colombians are born with dancing shoes on. We were reluctant to join in because we would look clumsy next to these people!

    The wedding lasted until around 3am. Two of the visiting Americans were scheduled to take the 7am American Airlines flight back to the US and they wisely came to the wedding with their bags. Bidding them farewell, we hopped into taxis and headed back to the hotel.

    https://www.travelblog.org/South-America/Colomb…
    Leer más