Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Short stay in Croatia

    September 30, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Heading South, Henrike was a very nice host to us in her beautiful house in Érsekcsanád and gave us time to replace Silkes worn out chain in her garden.
    A result of the dinner before: Peppers can be really really spicy in the country of the peppers and even burn under the fingernails for days...

    After a cold bath in the Danube we went from stronghold to stronghold along the Hungarian-Serbian border greeting Hungarian soldiers with smiles and finally found a crossing to Serbia.
    In Serbia and later that day in Croatia people started to greet and wave us enthusiastically.

    We had an amazing stay at Tanjas & Ivans place in Osijek and there was no end of adventurous cycling stories (among other trips, the two of them cycled almost 2000km within 10 days in the Alps!). We are super grateful for your hospitality!

    Back in Serbia, we continued along the Danube and stopped by at the impressive fortress in Novi Sad for an extended afternoon nap in the sun. Since yesterday, we are in the aspiring city of Belgrade where we're going to spend a few days enjoying Cevapcici, Kajmak and Rakija - well-earned with 2045km on our clock now :)
    Read more