Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 170

    The three cities

    February 15, 2018 in Oman ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Separated by sharp mountain ridges,
    Muscat comprises a long string of suburbs spanning a distance of 50km. More or less the city is divided into the three districts Mutrah, Ruwi and Old Muscat.

    We found Mutrah to be the best place to be as the district stretches along a nice corniche. Especially at sunset when the evening light creates a special atmosphere we loved to stroll along the waterfront - or just sit outside in a restaurant and watch the people.

    As these days, the Sultanate of Oman is a kind of dead end by land, it was time to do some planning. We knew that we wanted to spend more time in Oman and turned options over in our minds, especially Nepal, India and Sri Lanka with their different climates. Eventually, we chose Nepal to tackle the Himalaya! Thus, we booked flights from Salalah to Kathmandu which means: 1500km more to cycle in Oman, yeah!

    Quick note: The super yacht 'Al Said' berthed in the Port of Muscat in Mutrah is one of the largest in the world and belongs to the Sultan of Oman, Qabus Ibn'Said. It was proudly built by Lürssen near our hometown.
    Read more