Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    Mullewa

    August 21, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    We free camped the last 2 nights a Arturchik's rest about 17ks SW of Mullewa. A very pretty spot surrounded by masses of Pom Pom Everlastings. We spent our days exploring the area and wild flower hunting. There are 2 excellent trails to follow. The northern loop and the southern circuit. Both are very will marked with lots of interesting points of interest. These have great signage with story's about the area.
    Another must is to visit the Catholic church and learn the history of the priest that built it. A truly beautiful church and an amazing man.

    There are also a number of interesting walking trails in town.

    Photos - some of the point of interest on our drive around.
    * The Church of Our Lady of Mt Carmel
    * Greenough River
    * Perkins Well
    * Christian Brothers Ag School (closed) designed by Monsignor John Hawes who also designed and built the church. Could get any closer as big gates locked to keep you out.
    * Butterabby Graves. The site of Aboringinal hangings😢
    * Bindoo Glacier Beds
    * Mass Rock where Monsignor John Hawes held mass for the local Aboriginal people that were to frightened to come into town.
    * Pom Pom Everlastings...view from our van.
    * Ripped my pants when exploring through the bush for wild flowers. Tripped some dead fall. Got to look where I am going.
    Read more