Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Giants of Mandurah

    September 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    A big day had hunting Giants today. All up we walked about 8ks.

    Our first Giant was 'Little Lui.' We also spotted 2 wombats here. A lovely walk through Marlee Reserve.

    Next was 'Saba's Song'. A little disappointing as he is looking out to sea on the estuary and can't see his face. But a fantastic setting. There were people with boats getting an excellent view.

    After a brake for lunch we were off to find 'Santi Into' at Halls Head. A bit of a rolling walk up and down hills. Not to bad as it was a nice concrete path, with a ocean view and breeze.

    The last Giant was 'Yaburgurt Cirkelstone'.
    Some idiots burned the original one down so he had to be rebuilt. Lucky he was only a few meters from the car park as we were running out of steam.

    'Thomas Dambo is the world’s leading recycle artist. He was taught from a young age about the value of recycling, sustainability, and unlimited imagination. And so to share that message and inspire people to get out into nature, Thomas creates larger-than-life sculptures from recycled wood, and places them all over the world. This is the first time his Giants have appeared in Australia though!'
    Read more