Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 153–155

    Corrigin

    October 16, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Thanks, Corrigin, for another free RV site. Again, it is an easy stroll to the shops.

    We enjoyed the 4.5 wildflower drive just out of town. I was hanging out the window playing spotter. Graham was driving along at a snail pace. There was a great lookout tower to enjoy the views.

    There is an amazing amount of Blue Tongue Lizards in the wheat belt. We see them on the roads most days. They look different to our Eastern Blue Tongues. Graham spotted this one near the lookout tower.

    Another popular tourist stop here is the dog cemetery 🐕. There were some very impressive gravesites.
    We also popped up to the RSL memorial. Beautiful placed on a hill overlooking the area.

    Today was a stinker hitting the high 30s. We were going to move on this morning. As we had a shady spot, we decided to stay an extra day. About 3 p.m., we walk up to town to get milk. On our return, a lovely gentleman was waiting at our van. He let us know that they were planning to evaluate the town as a bushfire that had been burning most of the day had got away and was heading towards town. We quickly packed up and headed to Narembeen. Thankfully, they stopped the fire before and damaged was done to the town.
    Read more