Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 315–317

    Derwent Bridge

    March 26 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Had a great free camp at the Derwent Bridge Pub.
    Not much in Derwent Bridge, but is a great base to visit the area.

    We went to The Wall in the morning. There are no photos. Cameras and post are not allowed. Which was fantastic. It really allows you to just take it all in. The wall is a series of carved panels. I have no words to describe them. They actually left me quite emotional. I was told,'If you go nowhere else in Tasmania. Go to The Wall' some of the best advice I have ever had.

    We then visited Lake St Claire. Finally made it to the end of the Overland Track from Cradle Mountain. Was a big hike😆😆😆. No, really, only did the short walk through the forest then back along the lake shore. We would probably have done one of the bigger walks if we stayed another day. But wanted to move on and try and get into Mount Feild National Park for Easter.

    The Gordon Franklin Wild River National Park is also in the area. We went bush bashing along a very rutted track to explore. Come out at an extremely barron area. With a trickle of water and tree stumps. It still had a strange bueaty to it.
    Read more