BercianosJuly 9, 2018 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 22 °C
We had a great day today! We went just over 13 miles, so a few miles shorter than yesterday. The early morning, walking as the sun rises, is amazing to me! Amazing because it’s incredibly beautiful and peaceful, but also amazing because in my normal life I hate mornings - haha! I’m usually a night owl and would rather sleep in a bit. Now, I still may grumble a bit as Alan nudges me awake, but I love it once I’m out walking. 🙂
1. sunrise over the wheat fields
2. Fields of sunflowers all turned towards the rising sun (I so wish we could see them all in bloom).
3. Seeing the Moratinos bodegas (caves built into a hill) that were used for wine making and food storage. Some of these were at least 500 years old! Tree was a sign telling us that “No, these are not Hobbit houses” 😂
4. The best almond pastries from a cafe in Sahagún, and the WiFi at the same cafe so I could upload some posts
5. Getting to our albergue by noon and enjoying sangria outside
6. Seeing Andy walk up to the albergue after we worried his Achilles wouldn’t let him continue on today
7. Shade on the last part of our walk was heavenly
8. having our own bathroom !!!!!! 😀👍🏻🚽
9. Talking to Mom and seeing Adrianne’s Snaps 💕
The Not So Good:
1. Mosquito bites 😖 I have quite a few from the other day’s early morning walking near some wet areas, and they really itch. Of course Alan has ZERO -not fair!
2. Flies...I am trying to get used to the flies, but they are annoying. 🤨 Everyone is so used to them here, but, when Alan told me to just ignore them, I told him they tickle when they land on me 😬 drives me nuts!
We head to Mansilla de las Mulas tomorrow (about 16 miles), and then on to Leon on Thursday where we will spend two nights (taking a rest day)...woohoo!Read more