Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    First Stop

    September 3, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    We have had a 10 hour flight to Paris, and an overnight stay at the Sheraton in Charles de Gaulle airport. Soon, we will be taking a morning flight to Biarritz, France, and finally a shuttle to Saint Jean pied de Port, France where we will spend one night before heading over the Pyrenees in the morning.

    Feelings so far on our travels to the start of our journey:

    The Best

    1. We will be meeting Candi Bachtell in Biarritz ❤️ and sharing a shuttle with her to Saint Jean - We had no idea we would be starting our Camino at the exact same time as Candi when we booked our flights months ago. She’s flying to Biarritz via London and will arrive about the same time as us, so we will be on the same shuttle. We also found out earlier we had reserved rooms at the same place in Saint Jean…crazy coincidence!!
    2. Seeing the Northern Lights on our flight as we flew by Greenland and Iceland. 👍🏻🙂

    The Good:

    1. Premium Select Seats on Delta 🙂
    2. The Sheraton in Charles de Gaulle airport - it was so convenient, it had comfy beds for our weary bodies, it was so quiet and it had amazing food.

    The Other:

    1. Alan is still worried about how his foot will do with long miles each day, after it went into a full blown cramp while on the plane 😳 He may ease into the walking by using a bus or taxi to shave off a few miles of a few sections in the beginning.
    2. Travel is exhausting! It will take awhile for my sleep schedule to recover from this time change.
    Read more