Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    To Villar de Mazorife

    September 26, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    September 26

    It was so hard to slip out of the comfy king bed this morning and pack up to leave the hotel. 🙁 We were wishing we had planned a rest day, but now that we have walked to Villar de Mazorife, we’re happy we continued walking.

    We had to walk for about four miles to finally get out of the main part of the city. Then, we took a variant in the route to stay away from the busy highway. It was much more peaceful. For most of the walk Sue, from Florida, joined us. It always makes the time go faster when you’re talking to someone.

    The albergue where we are staying prepared a 4 course dinner for everyone tonight - fresh salad, gazpacho with bread, paella made and served by Pepe, and then crepes with fresh apricot and drizzled chocolate. 😋😋😋

    Henrick, who we hadn’t seen for a long time, is staying here as well, so we were able to catch up with what he’s been up to since we last saw him. He shared that he and Tom (guy from Ireland we had also met) took a taxi from Burgos to where they filmed the climax of Clint Eastwood’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Sad Hill Cemetery. 😂 Tom had told us quite long ago he wanted to do that, so we were glad they were able to make it happen.

    Tonight’s struggles:

    Sleeping in a bed that has a hump in the middle and is trying to roll us off the sides.

    And…Trying to ignore the sound of someone getting sick in the room next door. Oh my goodness!! 😳🤢😳

    Today was 13.7 miles. Tomorrow, we have a shorter walk to Hospital de Orbigo at 10 miles.
    Read more