Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Beach strutting with Hannah

    February 6, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    A co-worker and friend Hannah and I met up at noon near the Opera house. Her flatmate then kindly drove us through some rough traffic to our destination of Bondi beach. It's like a clean, slightly less weird version of Venice beach. After a delicious lunch of fish and chips she and I set out along the coast. There is a very nice path that connects all of the beaches. We stopped at Tamarama beach for some fresh juice and some ice cream which was a welcome reprieve from the heat. Along the beach we found dozens of bluebottles which looked like miniature Portuguese man o' wars. We continued along the path past Bronte Beach to the Waverly Cemetery. I've been to a few cemeteries before, but none as huge or grand as this one. It sits atop tall cliffs with the blue ocean crashing against them and contains countless statues and tombs. We didn't see any zombies or ghosts, unfortunately.

    After looping through the cemetery we walked back to Bronte Beach and sat in the shade for a bit. An uber then picked us up and we went downtown to another park. By now we were getting thirsty for something stronger than water and walked to a pub, Three Wise Monkeys, for some beer. Shortly after arriving another Bazaarvoice CSD contacted us saying she was in town and met up with us.

    Shortly after 8 we left the pub and went to Katsu Yachiyo, for dinner. This place served insanely good Japanese food and we shared a couple bottles of sake and several dishes. The funniest thing was that the bathroom was situated in a small building out back in a tiny alley. The funny part was that you walked past someone's laundry drying on a rack and some little tomato plants to get back there.

    By now I was getting tired and got a ride back to zachs where we chatted, laughed and put down a few more beers. I'm not sure I could have scripted a nicer day.
    Read more