Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2–4

    First day in Japan

    October 30, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We landed at Tokyo's Haneda airport at about 5.30am. We successfully navigated the monorail and trains to our hotel where we left our luggage so that we could start exploring. We had organised a portable wifi router (Foxwifi) which had been delivered to the hotel reception. We had purchased a Welcome Suica card at the airport and later got a 48 hour subway transport card from Ueno-okachimachi station tourist information office. We also located the JR East office to pick up our J Rail pass. Jobs done we spent some time looking at the sights around Ueno area including Ameyoko shopping district, Ueno Park, Shinobazunoike Bento-do, Gojoten Shrine, Ueno Toshogu Shrine, Reflection Pool and enjoyed the lovely park. We returned to the hotel to check in and rest before heading out in the evening. We dined at a restaurant we had seen earlier in the day at Ueno and purchased a correct Japan power point adapter before returning to the hotel to enjoy the magnificent views from our tiny room on the 29th floor of our hotel (APA Ryogoku Eki Tower).
    Weather has been lovely, warm with clear skies, perfect for our first day in Japan.
    Read more