Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Moochin' Around

    May 6, 2019 in England ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    It was a lazy day recovering from the long flight but don't for a minute think that involved reclining on couches, drinking hot chocolate and/or napping. We hit the streets with map in hand to explore Windsor and Eton ... the smartwatch app says we covered 18.75km, not a couch in sight.

    It was a Bank Holiday today so there were lots of people roaming around pointing cameras at things. Also lots of tv camera crews here in expectation of the arrival of Royal Baby Ginger which coindentally did happen today. We thought we might drop in to say hi and wish them well but they're probably busy.

    We saw lots of 'royal' things, not because we were specifically looking for them as tourists but because so many things have something royal in their name. Royal streets, royal shopping areas, royal parks, royal train stations, royal pubs, royal Lego ... and a legitimate royal castle. We decided to skip the queues and the hours required to shuffle around the inside of the castle but we did sit in St Georges Chapel for a while.

    It was a little chilly today with a nasty arctic feel to the breeze but no wet stuff falling from the sky. Let's hope that contines when our hike starts in 2 days ... we've got everything crossed.
    Read more