Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    The End !!!!

    June 15, 2019 in France ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Six weeks has flown past so quickly. We've seen a lot, done a lot, eaten A LOT and, without doubt, drunk too much. We'll atone for the excessive eating and drinking when we get home.

    What a fantastic trip with a huge variety of experiences ... hiking across moors and up, down and around coastal headlands in the UK; whizzing across the Venice lagoon in a private speed boat and experiencing that fascinating city from the luxury of an apartment on the Grand Canal; enjoying the scenic beauty of the Italian alps; exploring the Alsace in France on the wrong side of the road and then pootling along the canals of Burgundy in our private floating bathtub.

    The first half of our trip was just the Lemmeys (Mr FitBody and Ms OfficeBody and, of course, let's not forget Grumpy Toe) but the addition of the Hammonds for the second half, to become the Lemmonds, bought much laughter and much love to the trip.

    From here, the Hammonds continue their adventures and fly to the UK whilst the Lemmeys start the long flight back to Australia.

    Our holiday has come to an end and, if you've been reading this online diary, your vicarious holiday is also over. We hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures as much as we enjoyed having them.

    Now we can start planning our next trip !!!!!
    Read more