Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Newstead, Queensland

    August 5, 2013 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Getting close now. Well I've got most of the work out of the way and now starting to actually get excited. Currently sitting in Newstead at the Liquid Bar & Grill waiting for my lovely wife to finish work at one of her clients.

    Will probably be late as she has to make sure everything done covers the next 3 weeks or so and all is taken care of. She's a good girl that one of mine, always ensuring that her clients are well taken care of.

    While sitting here have been checking out the trip with flights etc, and with flights to LA 15,200k, RV road Trip 10,186k, and return flights to Brisbane 15,200k, this could be around 31,500k travelled in just 23 days. Thank goodness most of it is in a aircraft, Boeing 747, (Jumbo) to be precise. The exciting part about all of this is that we will be blogging like this constantly for the entire trip.

    All 3 of us, Sue, Bec, and myself, will all be putting our thoughts and experiences up on the site so should be interesting in how we each perceive the different aspects of the trip.

    Bec will of course be leaving us in Youngstown once back at college and Sue and I will continue on back to LA from there using the different northerly route through Kansas, Colorado, and Nevada. Bring on Las Vegas.

    We reckon we might try to catch one of the magic shows in Vegas if there is one, will let you know once we check it out.

    OK, this is thirsty work, best get back to the bar for another drink, bye for now.
    Read more