Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 1, Blythe, California

    August 7, 2013 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Headed out from the RV pickup and as we passed out towards Palm Springs came across this massive bush fire, well probably grass fire, not much bush in the desert. Created a massive amount of smoke. Reached Blythe a few hours late but none the less as per schedule.

    Blythe was expected to be our first night stop as per the original plan but I was doubtful we would make that distance after not getting much sleep on the plan. However, we arrived around 5:00 and headed straight to a cell phone shop to get our phones sorted with SIM cards. Bec already had hers but had to be cut down to a nano size card to fit the iPhone 5, as for they rest of us we will have to make do with Bec's phone until we can get to a bigger city and get another couple of our simple mobile sim cards.

    OK, so we said, lets get a Motorhome so we can cook for ourselves and eat healthy, so straight to McDonald's for dinner and free wi-fi to get some messages checked and do some blogging. Found this lovely RV park at Blythe right on the Colorado river, see the snaps we took.

    Proceeded to hook up the RV to power and water only to discover we had not been provided with a water hose for connecting to the town mains, so much for paying a preparation fee. Time for an early night seeing as we can't get the tv working, no signal.
    Read more