Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 20

    Day 15, St Louis, Missouri

    21. august 2013, Forente stater ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    Day 15 - Today was a bit of a sad day for Sue and I as we had said goodbye to Bec last night and would not see her for another 9 months. It was lovely though last night to have dinner with the family of one of her best friends.

    Bec seems to have left a lasting memory with everyone in the US, mostly for the good. Those that have chosen to push her over the edge of her patience have learned to not cross the young girl from OZ, she has a long memory and does not take kindly to stupidity.

    Seeing as we were now a day behind schedule we thought we would try to catch up a day over the next couple and do a little more driving. We didn't believe there was much we wanted to see in Columbus or Indianapolis so we drove on through for most of the day.

    In actual fact we drove from Youngstown which is right on the Eastern border of Ohio, right across Ohio through Columbus, through Indiana via Indianapolis, across Illinois to St Louis in Missouri. So driving across 4 US states in a day, some 650 miles (1000k). The great news is that the RV finally drove beautifully with no shaking and even much of the slack free play in the steering was gone. Such a pleasure to drive the vehicle the way it was supposed to feel. Shame it took 2 weeks of driving horror before someone could locate the problem and rectify it. That resolved we had anther issue appear when we were refuelling at Indianapolis.

    The tank filler is at the back of the vehicle and as I was refuelling I notice some minor damage to the back of the vehicle, a bit of a surprise seeing as I hadn't hit anything and the vehicle was fine yesterday when it was dropped off at the workshop. This could be a drama but will fill you in once I know some more.

    We arrived in St Louis just on Sunset and located a magnificent RV park right in the heart of the city, but on the Illinois side of the river, not the Missouri side. Parked up in the shadows of the city and famous arch at an RV park with its own full blown Casino was quite a bonus, so after a quick shower and spruce up we headed over to the casino in the private park shuttle. The place is massive and situated beautifully on the mighty Mississippi river as it runs south from the Great Lakes on the US/Canada border all the way through the country to the Gulf of Mexico.

    We didn't spend too long at the casino but a few bucks in the pokies and watching some blackjack games in process was enough for me. After just a couple of beers we decided it was time to just head back to the RV for a quiet night and try and catch up on the news to see if the rest of the world was still in existence.
    Les mer