Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 24

    Circus Circus, Las Vegas, Nevada

    25 Agustus 2013, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Day 19 - There was no rush this morning so we took our time and just headed out around 10:00am. Our trip today was going to take us the last 4 hours into Vegas.

    Most of the drive was through the totally barren, but amazingly beautiful Utah. Continuing on from yesterday some of the incredible rock formations and mountain tops were just incredible. To think that people lived in this wilderness for thousands of years before white fellas stepped onto the continent is incredible in itself. The place is so barren, yet apparently has water everywhere if you know where to look, and the landscapes were amazing. I know I seem to be harping a little on the landscapes, but if you ever get a chance to drive through this part of the world it truly is awe inspiring to see. Just when you think you've seen it you turn another corner, go over another rise, and suddenly are just slapped in the face with yet another magnificent view, it changes constantly.

    Talking about change, I have been continuously surprised at how the scenery changes almost instantly when you cross a state border. In many cases you'd think they sat down and drew lines for borders wherever the landscape and flora changed. The geographical differences are so pronounced it is almost like jumping from one planet to another.

    Things started getting a little darker as we got closer to Nevada. The I-15 is the road from Salt Lake City to Las Angeles and passes through Arizona for just a short while before crossing the border again into Nevada.

    The skies were getting darker and the winds were getting stronger. We had to drop speed down a little as some of the cross winds were so severe the vehicle almost changed lanes, so attention and focus here were pretty important. Having experience driving big rigs and B-Doubles meant it wasn't too much of an issue but someone handling one of these large RV's for the first time would have found it pretty scary.

    Soon we saw more and more power lines heading in the same direction and took an educated guess that we were heading in the right direction, to the city of lights.

    We cruised on into Vegas and made our way to the Circus Circus Resort and Casino on the strip which had its own RV park, pretty cool being in the middle of everything.

    Once hooked up we moved on down the strip to check out the sights. As the strip is actually 4.5 miles long we decided to purchase the 24 hour bus pass which you can just hop on and off anywhere for the 24 hours.

    Made our way to the bottom end of the strip to Luxor, the Egyptian themed Pyramid and Sphinx. Inside was of course all in ancient Egyptian décor and made for a very different feel than what we were normally used to.

    We then checked out the Excalibur next door, now when I say next door we must remember that each of these places sits on a land component equal to one or two normal city blocks, so next door was some walk.

    We continued on up the strip checking out casino after casino, along with the required window shopping, you know, that thing the ladies seem to get pleasure out of.

    Dinner time was fast approaching and around 7 we decided we would try out the BBQ style southern hospitality menu at the Harley Davidson Café. Can't say the food impressed me and the serving could have fed four people, not one.

    After dinner we continued our little stroll along the strip until we hit Caesars Palace. This place is incredible, almost replicating an entire ancient roman city, took some shots, check them out. It would probably have to be the largest single complex on the strip, although it has some very close rivals, our Circus Circus was extremely impressive also.

    Now while we were doing all this gazing what we did not realise is that we had almost walked the entire strip back to our RV park, so much for the bus passes, however they were good until 6 tomorrow night and they will be getting used as my feet and ankles are now killing me.

    Finally to the RV after our 15 minute walk through Circus Circus to get out the other side where the RV was parked.

    We were knackered so off to bed at around 11:00, amazing, in Las Vegas and in bed before midnight. Haha.
    Baca selengkapnya