Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Boston, Massachusetts

    August 12, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Now this was a very interesting day in Boston. Checking this out to see and experience the birth of a nation is well worth the traffic jams. Such a beautiful city, and we took advantage of glorious weather and did the Boston Heritage Trail.

    This walk takes most of the day and takes you from the centre of Boston through all the historic landmarks, burial sites, 500 year old buildings and new adaptions of areas redesigned for the modern millennia.

    I have always had an interest in the revolutionary war and civil wars in the US and for me this was a fantastic moment to put real places into perspective with the stuff I had learned over the years.

    For Sue, Bec and Tom I think it represented different meanings but to all of us it was a tremendous experience.

    We closed out our day with a visit to the famous "Cheers" bar as seen in the Ted Dansen TV comedies of the 80's and 90's. This turned out to be a great time for all, especially mwah, as I even got to have a spell behind the bar with our great barman host Jake. Check out the photos in the Boston album and you'll see it all for real.
    Read more