Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 27

    Norfolk Naval Base, Norfolk Virginia

    27 août 2015, États Unis ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    This base is home to the entire Atlantic Fleet and covers an area of six thousand five hundred acres, (yep, that's 6,500 acres).

    We decided to take the naval base tour and boy was it worth it, the base is a city within a city having some 21,000 civilian contracted employees, and around 48,000 military naval personnel.

    It has the worlds largest payroll at approximately $2.9B annually.

    You could get lost in here it is just so large, unfortunately what I was really hoping to see was one of the aircraft carriers but unfortunately there were none in port at the time as they were all deployed around the world.

    You truly understand the US military might and the allegiance it has with its personnel when you visit a place like this. The sailors are treated so well and have every conceivable special treatment splurged on them and its all totally at no charge to the navy people.

    It has its own commissary bigger than any Walmart in the country with everything you could possible imagine available to the sailors, and ALL TAX FREE. Bowling Alleys, 3 McDonalds, all the other food chain restaurants, 8 cinema movie complex, 3 gas stations, 4 totally equipped gymnasiums, the list just goes on and on forever.

    In actual fact the place is so busy, around 50,000 vehicles pass in and out of the 5 gate entrances every single day.

    If you ever get a chance to visit this place it has to go on to your agenda, wouldn't have missed it for the world.
    En savoir plus