Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Da Nang Beach stay

    March 21, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After all the cities and all the go go go, we arrived in Da Nang at the lovely boutique hotel which was a 5 min walk to the beach! And thankfully the weather was beautiful for us all week, staying at a high level of 30 degrees. The beach was pretty, we also went for a few swims even though the sea was a bit choppy! Those waves were a work out haha but fun all in all. When we wasn't swimming we were laying on the beach catching the sun while listening to music on our phones while watching the happenings around us. While we was there we saw a bunch of people pulling on a long rope which went all the way to sea and out onto the sand. It took a while but finally they did the last pull and low and behold...fish! Loads of fish! Alongside this was the many chinese tourist who like we experienced in china, loved taking a picture with a westerner. They spotted a white baby and couldn't get enough of him, they flocked around him with excitement and wonder. The mum handled it all pretty well even when the Chinese lady decided to pick the baby up and attempt to take it with her to the sea, the mum hurried to grab her baby back and just smiled and laughed it off. All seemingly too use to it.
    We also went to watch the fire and water show at the dragon bridge. The bridge is like any other bridge accept it's in the shape of a dragon and every weekend, fire and water come out of its mouth! It's crazy but very cool. Ya wouldn't wanna be driving on the bridge when that happens ey.
    We then took a trip to the lady buddha and marble mountains. The lady buddha was just that, a huge statue of a lady buddha which could be seen from miles away. Up close it was grand and the surrounding area was very scenic. Then there was marble mountains which had so many steps! We walked for ages and climbed to the highest peak on the most narrow of stairs in the most scorching of heats. We was sweaty little bugs when we reached the top.
    Read more