Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Bulli Beach, Ruby's Cafe

    October 7, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    As this was the day we were heading back to Sydney, Kevin had suggested we all meet up for breakfast at Ruby’s Cafe, which is now owned by the family of one of his friends. It has been an institution in Bulli for as long as most locals can remember and is the preferred location for a catch up with friends and family for either a quick bite or a long lunch.
    Kevin booked a table for 9 am; G & G came round to the cabin to pick up all our stuff, put it in the car, hand back the keys then parked in the car park, in case we ended up chatting for too long. Most of us had the scrambled eggs on sour dough toast, but Kevin had the full Ruby which probably would have done for lunch as well; and Gail went for the Granola and yogurt with fresh strawberries. We reminisced and talked about Gemma's wedding in NZ, which is just after we come back and it seemed as if time had stood still since the last time we met each other.
    Graham took us for a long drive home to see the more expensive houses in Bulli on the hillside which is a major fire risk area - good place to build?! The rest of the day we spent relaxing on G & G's Bougainvillea covered veranda, enjoying their garden, looking at old photos and searching on line for the Air B&B house booked for the family wedding - a real mansion, it looks like!!
    Read more