Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Last day today!

    November 10, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    So, the bags are packed except flight bag, with warm jumpers in to put on when we get back to Heathrow; a croissant and pastry breakfast that just happened to jump into Clare's bag when she went on an emergency trip to buy coffee and now for a walk along the foreshore with Clare, Hana, Sarah and Trev.
    I think during the holiday we have covered the foreshore walk from Shorncliff Pier to Woody point in various stages apart from the bridge! This time we drove to Decker Park so we could take Yoshi and walked along the sand or foreshore, under the bridge and into Brighton Park and then enjoyed the company, conversation and scenery at one of the picnic tables before Trev and Yoshi setting the pace to get us back to the car.
    A phone call to Clare pointed out that the replacement ring I chose yesterday was ready so Clare stopped to let us out at the jewellers, dropped Yoshi back to the house and we all met up for coffee at the new coffee shop, Capulet in Sandgate.
    Final packing, fish & chips with mushy peas for dinner, then hugs or cuddles from family members and strokes for Yoshi and we're off to the Brisbane airport - Christmas has arrived here with a vengeance! Decorated Xmas trees; sparkly Emus, Koalas and kangaroos, plus the obligatory Xmas music selection - Oh Joy or bah humbug!!
    Read more