Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 167

    Kalbarri NP - abseiling & horse riding

    8 agosto 2022, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Millie and I booked in for an abseiling morning and were very lucky to have Col, the instructor, all to ourselves as no one else booked. From the Z bend lookout we hiked down to the rock walls, while Col pointed to a few wild flowers unique to Kalbarri which were just in bloom. We felt comfortable with him from the start, Millie shared a few of our travel stories and when he managed to get a few words in, he explained how abseiling worked.

    We got our gear on and tested a descent on a 4m wall. I just knew that my Mills on Wheels (as Col named her) was a natural. She mastered both the 25m and 35m walls beautifully and we had quite a few goes, enjoying the scenery and views from up high. We even spotted a black flanked rock wallaby, checking us out quietly from the opposite rocks! It was a great day out.

    To add to our list of adventures, we booked a night at the Big River Ranch and the girls went horse riding. The weather was not great in the afternoon so they had to wait until the morning and this made them appreciate it even more when they finally got on their beautiful horses, Pasty and Baz. After 1.5hrs of small group trail riding they returned full of smiles, excited and wanting to have their own horses, of course. The sun was out again and it was time for us to get moving - Geraldton way!
    Leggi altro