Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4–5

    7# Udupi Shri Krishna Temple

    November 23, 2023 in India ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Udupi Shri Krishna Temple is a well-known historic Hindu temple dedicated to Krishna and Dvaita Matha located in the city of Udupi in Karnataka, India. The Matha area resembles a living Aashram, a holy place for daily devotion and living. Surrounding the Shri Krishna Temple are several temples namely the Udupi Anantheshwara Temple which is over a thousand years old.

    The Krishna Matha was founded by the Vaishnavite saint Jagadguru Shri Madhvacharya in the 13th century. He was the founder of the Dwaita school of Vedanta. It is believed that Madhwacharya found the vigraha of Shri Krishna in a large ball of gopichandana. As told by Sri Madhvacharya, in his Tantrasara Sangraha, the Vigraha is placed Pashchimabhimukha (facing west). All the other Vigrahas in other Ashta Muthas face west as well. Devotees always have darshan of Krishna through the inner window, known as the Navagraha Kindi & the outer window known as the Kanakana Kindi, which is decorated by an arch named after the great saint Kanakadasa. A statue has also been erected. A similar window covers the immediate front of the Vigraha and is called Navagraha Kindi. It is often mistaken to be the Kanakana Kindi.

    Link# https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udupi_Sri_Krish…
    Read more