Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Blue, so blue

    November 24, 2019 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Having had enough of our milk-oat flakes-fruit-breakfast (not Susanne), and being lazy and being made enthusiastic by a review about the nice breakfast by the owner of our hostel, we arranged for breakfast to be made for us this morning. The homemade jams and cake (or how they are called here: kuchen) were nice but also not super special. We were the only guests at the hostel and the cat was making sure our ears were clean.

    At 10 we picked up our bikes and went on a short 4km trip to Reserve Nacional Tamango. Here we started our hike of the day to Los Carpinteros, a viewpoint over the river and lake Cochrane. It started off being a perfect mirror and along the trail turned into absolutely incredibly blue and clear water. The trail was relatively easy, through nice vegetation, only being disturbed by a few horseflies that liked to chase us. The weather was great and we enjoyed our brought lunch at the very nice viewpoint before heading back. As always we took our time. The 4 hours hike took us almost 6, we simply had to admire the views and the water. Luckily people are relaxed here and returning the bikes we rented for 6 hours after 7,5 was not a problem at all.

    Having had enough of our meat-rich dinners, we bought as many vegetables we think we could eat and ate them all. We had to hit the beds on time as our bus to Villa O'Higgins was leaving at 8am on the following day.
    Read more