Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    Guitar lesson

    February 22, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    In the morning we were finally able to book the first part of our Australian leg. Our favourite scenario from the previous day still sounded good to us. So we rented a van for a week in the Melbourne region and booked a flight to Perth on March 2nd. This relaxed us a bit and made us able to visit Melbourne without worrying about the next days.

    We took the tram to the centre and there had a look around. We walked over the Federation Square, saw some street art in the streets around and then crossed the Yarra River, which splits the city in two. The view on the high modern skyscrapers with smaller older buildings in between was quite nice. Walking alongside the river we started seeing more and more rowing teams on the water. There were also loads of people running and cycling. We had lunch watching the rowers. Then we made our way back to the centre and took a tram to the Queen Victoria Market. After walking a bit around there and buying some fruit, we once more went to the river. Now the rowing practice had stopped and the actual competition had started. We walked further towards the Botanical Garden. It was huge and so green it was hard to believe we were still in a 5 million inhabitant city. Not surprisingly there were also lots of people running and cycling. After a short break on the very soft grass, we continued our way home. We didn't yet see enough sport today, so it came in handy that we passed by cricket practice 😊. The day definitely gave us the impression that Melbourne loves sport.

    When we came back to the appartement, Susanne got a free guitar lesson from our host Geoff on 3 of his 4 electric guitars. Then it was time for dinner, finance calculations and bed.
    Read more