Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 128

    Cape Range National Park

    March 13, 2020, Indian Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    It rained a bit in the night, and there was more rain predicted. As the wind was also strong, we decided against staying at our campsite for another day. The snorkeling wouldn't be good. We packed our stuff, filled our water bottles and water tank, and drove north.

    In Exmouth we restocked at the supermarket, filled our fuel tank and cooked lunch at the town beach. We thought the latter was a good idea to avoid the flies, and have some wind to feel colder. Turned out we had a lot of wind and still some flies. Overall not the best experience but we made it work. Interestingly enough though, despite the fact that they tell you how valuable water is everywhere, just when we had lunch, a truck drove by to water the gravel street and us. We drove further and via the northern tip of the peninsula we got into the Cape Range National Park. We proudly hang up our purchased 'Park Pass' on our rear view mirror, but it seems like in every park we've been so far, nobody cares to check it. And Cape Range wasn't any different, no employees were present at the park entry station.

    In the park we had booked a basic campsite. From there it was just a few minutes walking to the beach, where we enjoyed a medium sunset. The location was nice, with only 8 camping spots in total, some trees for shade and just nature around. Less nice were the amount of cock roaches around the toilets at night. At least we could also spot a big ghost crab.
    Read more