Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Kilimanjaro - Pre Meeting

    February 8, 2017 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today we set off to the Stella Maris hotel which was our meeting point with the rest of the G Adventures group. When our taxi arrived we were greeted by two women that each gave us a very warm embracing hug. At the time we had no idea who they were. They either worked here or were very friendly hotel guests. When we entered the hotel we were given a fresh glass of Mango juice that was so flavoursome and exactly what was needed after sitting in a stuffy taxi.

    Once settled we met up with the other members of our group for an induction meeting. We sat in what looked like a board room and I scanned the room to see who I would be sharing this adventure with. Earlier in the day the four of us were discussing what our group would be like. I think we were hoping that there would be eight girls but the reality was we would be sharing this adventure with six other guys and someone’s girlfriend. Oh well.

    After some introductions and meeting our guides we headed off for dinner. This was going to be our last good meal for a week! Livingstone was our waiter for the day. He was a proper cheeky chappy. I had spoken to him earlier in the day and he was telling me that climbing Kilimanjaro was easy even though he had never climbed it himself.

    Speaking to the rest of the group over dinner it was apparent no one knew what to expect over the next coming days. But we seemed to have a solid group and everyone was quite social which we all needed to be if we was going to get through this.
    Read more