Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Wednesday

    February 20, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we went to a small family-owned bodega, Dios Baco, named after Bacchus the God of wine, and owned and run by a man and his five daughters. The daughter who showed us round was "Lupe", short for "Guadalupe". I much prefer the small bodegas to the big conglomerates like Harvey's or Fundador where we were yesterday. The visit ended with a tasting of course, and the sherries we really enjoyed. One of their brand names is "Old Oxford 1970" and they let me sign one of the barrels of it. We are going to have a weight problem with our cases when we go home so rather than buying some heavy bottles Lupe said we could go back tomorrow with some plastic water bottles and she will fill them up for us. Nice people!

    Starting to think about leaving Jerez, hence the thoughts about reducing weight. It's sad but we leave on Friday, and it feels like we only just got here. Still, we won't be going home just yet as on Friday morning we will get the train to Cadiz and stay there for a week.

    The picture of the bird is of one that has been chirping sitting on our television aerial while we have been sitting on the roof all the time we have been here.
    Read more