Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    We are on holiday

    February 18, 2020 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Yesterday morning we woke up to thick fog all over Jerez. It lasted till late morning but then it was gone. Today we took the bus to Rota, a small town with an incredible beach (and Spanish/American naval port). We'll stay here till tomorrow then go on the catamaran to Cadiz for a couple of days. It was fantastic to see the beach and the ocean again and we had lunch in a restaurant overlooking the beach. Then the clouds rolled in and it stayed overcast all afternoon. The hotel room has a huge terrace overlooking the pool and sea , and we had hoped to sit with a glass of something and watch the sunset. Ah well! I did go for walk on the beach and a paddle in the waves ...the water was crazy cold, but I suppose it is the Atlantic in February!

    I have great memories of coming here with Natalie and Finlay when he was maybe six months old and they stayed with us in Jerez. I think it was his first experience of beach and sea. We had intended to come here with them all the next year but the apartment we wanted was not available so we took the one up the coast in Chipiona instead. Then we had a few glorious days before the Atlantic storm arrived and it rained rather a lot!
    Read more