Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Failed Fun Fishing

    July 26, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Well, we floundered around trying to set up the right fishing rig. We bought a couple of cheap poles at the general store and some bait. Later we got a bit better advice and tried some rubber squids. Still no bites. However, the super nice guy Brad who drove the tractor that raised and lowered boats into the bay gave me really good advice that I'll try on our next fishing attempt.

    Still, we had fun casting and standing in the cold waters of the bay. The kids got to building a volcano after a while. I gave the bait fish to some locals who much appreciated it. One of them had given us advice up at the general store. He said he'd forgotten his rid that day. We were headed back up to the RV park so I offered to lend him one of ours. We told him we were at site 83. About 5 hours later he dropped it off - proving I thought a good lesson to the kids that most people are decent and trustworthy.

    We all showered and had a nice pizza dinner. We haven't quite gotten back to cooking in the van.

    We then watched Rocky in the van. It was as good as I remembered. Even Franklin could (barely) handle the kissing - eww!

    Plans are to watch at least II, III and IV!
    Read more