Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    First game of the season

    April 21, 2016 in Scotland ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    After a few weeks to recover after Dubai and revise for exams; the cricket season will get under way this Saturday. Our first match is against Merchiston Castle School and it is a 20 overs-a-side match. Should we triumph in that fixture, we will go onto play Loretto School in another game in the same format. Both these schools are renowned nationally to be very good cricketing sides; but as the tour and following cricket sessions clearly highlighted: The Glasgow Academy are a formidable opposition.

    The details are as follows: we need to meet at school by 8:30 to ensure we reach Myreside around 9:45. This should give us time to warm up and get into our first game by 10:30. If we lose, we will return to school around 2 in the afternoon. However, we will ensure that this isn't the case by beating merchiston and therefore playing against Loretto in the afternoon. After this game, we plan to return to school around 6 to half 6 in the evening.

    As always, any form of support would be much appreciated. This is the first game (or two!) of the season and a good performance would set the platform for a brilliant season!
    Read more