Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Hello Dublin Town!

    May 3, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 55 °F

    Note: Slow getting a hang of what I'm doing and trying to get caught up. These pics aren't my best but let me get some more caffeine in me and I will be up to snuff!
    _______☘️☘️☘️_______
    We arrived Wed morning after not managing any sleep on the plane. Began our adventure figuring out our rental car! First, you get in to drive on the "other side". 😆 We have a hybrid which is taking a little adjusting but will be nice considering gas is about $1.50 a litre is around $6 a gallon. I thought it was a two door. Can you have the door handles for the backdoors? (photo below) Once we were loaded up and going, it was straight out in local traffic! GO!

    Our plans for Day 1 were a couple of museums along the River Liffey, which runs through Dublin. We found a fantastic pub to being our time here. Andrew was an amazing bartender, host and leprechaun with a pot of gold for us (literally, he gave us coin change we needed for some of the car parks). Guiness and Irish Coffee gave us some umph!

    This pub, The Windjammer, is one of only 3 left in Dublin that opens at 7 AM. Yes, AM!!!!! This history goes back to the 1600s per Andrew for the dockworkers. This link gives a great description of "Our Andy".
    https://www.thedublinpublopedia.com/blog/thewin…

    1. Our ride for the next 3 weeks.
    2. Local sightings.
    3. Just another castle sitting in the middle of town.
    4. Guinness #1. Richard's very happy comment l: "So much smoother!" Given no sleep I opted for caffeine in the form of an Irish Coffee made with Powers whiskey. Devine!
    5. Andrew, our bartender, tour guide and favorite Leprechaun!
    6. A reminder to help us get our minds thinking correctly...
    7. Crossing the River Liffey. The Jeanne Johnston - a famine ship museum on the left. The Samuel Beckett bridge in the background. Designed in the form of a harp.
    Read more