Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Kuala Lumpur 3 days

    September 11, 2019 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    There is so much to do in Kuala Lumpur and it’s an easy city to get around, many people speak enough English to point you in the right direction and offer good sightseeing advice. It’s a happening place with lots of employment and development and young people come from all over Asia for work and a better life so it’s a really vibrant place with a good standard of living. We mainly used the monorail to get around which was cheap and efficient. Grab taxi (like Uber) was also really useful being half the price of a metered taxi.

    We spent half a day hanging around the food and shopping area of Bukit Bintang and meandered down Jalan Alor for dinner in the street food Mecca of KL. Times Square mall which has an enormous indoor amusement park was our air conditioned haven for the best part of one of our days in KL, Crofty and Jacob got to ride their first rollercoaster, three times and Livvy went on everything her height allowed. Meanwhile, Chloe and I indulged in a pedicure and reflexology for Chloe. We also went to Kidzania, a mini city designed for kids where they were able to do job training for different careers and then practice that job around different parts of the Kidzania city.

    Petronas Towers at night are really beautiful and we hung out a KLCC park at night to watch the fountain and light show at Symphony Lake and to see the lights come on in the towers at dusk. We also went to a cultural show at MATIC which was pretty funny and then ate at the canteen behind which was super cheap and delicious.
    Read more