Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Hopkins: beach and dirt roads

    December 14, 2022 in Belize ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    After the busy Belizean islands, thefrogandthebike got on their way to a long awaited adventurous, but quiet and less touristy destination. Not even a handful of interesting roads on the tour yet, the first and also the second motorcycle Mekkas are to follow within the next step. The spectacular Hummingbird Highway brings visitors down to the town of Hopkins, where Emma and her adventure biker hostel awaits. At last, thefrogandthebike find really interesting and beautiful roads. It's merely mud paths going through the Mayan jungle and it's tricky with 2 people on the heavy BMW. So we rent an additional dirt bike on the first day to visit Cockscomb jaguar reserve. Because it is so much fun in this amazing landscape and more challenging routes all around, we rent 2 light bikes on the second day: By chance, Emma is available to go with us and guide us to new adventures. It's the most difficult paths we've ever taken. Engouraged to new challenges, one bike unfortunately ends up swimming in the river. Thank god, a rope was in the luggage to drag the sunken bike from the outback back into civilization, where a friend of Emmas picks it up on his truck.
    After airing it out and changing the oil, the poor bike will be back on the road ... eeeh, off the road.
    Read more