Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Wet t-shirt no contest in Costa Rica

    January 15, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    To face the heat in the motorbike gear, the inhibition threshold to keep the functional shirts wet by drowning them in every available restaurant sink has lowered dramatically.
    Costa Rica not only has beautiful beaches and wild nature reserves, it also offers both in a package in several places!
    Unfortunately, the Natural Reserves Association has recently made it organizationally impossible for visitors to buy tickets directly at the regular prices without spending a fortune on a guide/trader in addition or invest a day of bureaucracy.
    Thefrogandthebike undertake two attempts before capitulation, one in Manuel Antonio and another one in Corcovado national park.
    It was still a spectacular time with several encounters with native wildlife on the roads around the parks.
    Also the landscape, especially around Corcovado, provides a number of scenic winding drives through thick jungle, over mountains and through small rivers with all gradiations of good and bad roads.
    This circumstance combined with a guarded beach to camp on and a morning walk on a trail in the park provide already enough of an adventure.
    Where else can you camp on a beach next to a landing stripe rigth in front of a national park with your personal watch puppy?
    Read more