Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Day 34: Tahiti, Paul & Donna Selfies

    January 25 in French Polynesia ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    When traveling people are always willing to take a picture of any couple or family standing in front of whatever. Most often, not always, Dad is never in the pictures because he took the picture. Donna and I decide at the beginning of this trip we would do “couple selfies” and for the most part not have others take a picture of us in front of X, Y, or Z.

    Here are our “Paul & Donna in Tahiti Jungle Selfies.”

    We start the day with oatmeal for breakfast at Mamsen’s, then waiting for our group (16 total) in front of the ship before our private excursions, then onto the back of the pickup truck, to countless number of “Kodak Moments” which we will never forget.

    Exploring the jungle was stepping into a tropical rain forest fantasy. The roads were treacherous to say the least, it rained on and off, which made it all the more memorable. Our guide, Pe, is a native Tahitian, told use all about the history, traditions, and story of the people of Tahiti.

    At the end of the trip Pe stopped the trucks and picked fresh flowers to give to each of the ladies. That’s the best picture of the bunch.

    Please enjoy with us these “Paul & Donna Selfie” moments in paradise.
    Read more