Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Day 42: Auckland (Day 1 of 3)

    February 2 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    Day 1 of 3 days in Auckland, was a lot of hiking the city streets - I think all the streets are up hill.

    The Sky Tower is the main attraction in Auckland.

    Donna had no problem on the helicopter ride over the Bay of Islands, but when she gets to the top of a tall building she has a bit of a nervous panic spell - she was all right - got her footing - even did a video walking over the glass floor.

    We along with many other Neptune artists made our way to “Gordon Harris” art supply store to stock up on much needed art supplies. Like most artist’s we really don’t need much of an excuse to buy more supplies.

    After catching the views from the top of the Sky Tower we sat at the base of the skyscraper at a restaurant called “Federal Delicatessen” we split Reuben and Chicken Salad sandwiches between us. Both of the sandwiches were to die for.

    Sitting outside we watched the people bungie jump off the tall tower. I thought about it …. If I wait until I am 75 years old or older you get to jump off for free.

    Auckland is very upscale, clean, vibrant city. What the locals were calling a busy day of traffic was more like Sunday morning at 5:00 AM in New York City - they don’t know traffic.

    The ship was docked close enough to the city, to walk into the center and capture the vibe and energy.
    Read more