Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Day 50: Sea Day & Captain’s Table

    February 10, Natuna Sea ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    Good morning, Smoothie of the Day - a bit of catch up on emails & blog posts. At 8:30 Aoibhin (Cruise Director) hosted a Coffee Chat in the Wintergarden. This morning’s guest Chantelle Grundling, from South Africa, the Shore Excursion Manager told us all about the ins & outs of what it takes to plan and organize the many excursions we embark on at each port. Example an upcoming excursion sure base to organize over 850 passengers to watch the March of the Penguins coming up soon.

    We will be arriving Melbourne this evening at around 9:00pm but will not be cleared to leave the ship until the morning.

    Donna and I attended a Genealogy Workshop present by Ms. Brenda Wheeler. She continues to provide helpful information as I complete the work my mother started years ago. Mom’s work was all on paper - I am using Roots Magic 9 to have the family tree digitized.

    Some reading and relaxing with the highlight of the day being dinner at the Captain’s Table with fellow passengers; Susan & Morris Abell, Andy & Andre Franssen. Crew members; Ronald - Hotel General Manager, Ovar - Chief Engineer, & Chantelle - Shore Excursion Manager.

    As always the meal, the wine, the conversation was refreshing - a good time was had by all - it’s nice to get to know other passengers and the crew better.

    Donna and I closed the day watching the sunset from deck 7 Explorer’s lounge. Paul had his first Expresso Martini.

    #myVikingJourney #myVikingStory #vikingNeptune
    Read more