Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Day 52: Sunrise Melbourne Australia

    February 12 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 66 °F

    Happy to have not slept in this morning. It’s Monday morning in Melbourne, Australia the city is waking up. An ambulance drives through the streets with its lights flashing, early morning walkers are getting their laps in as the sun rises. Trucks, taxis, cars all rushing to wherever their day may take them. Off in the distance ten hot air balloons appear behind the city skyscrapers slowly making their way towards the rising sun. It’s a peaceful sight to watch them float eastward into the sun.

    The Neptune is docked next to the Norwegian Spirit - looking across the pier life on the Spirit is emerging just as it is on the Neptune. Okay, I admit it I do have pride to be on the Viking Neptune.

    This morning all Neptune guests have to report to Australian immigration for a face-to-face immigration check-in. Then we are free to do whatever we wish.

    It is Super Bowl today - weird to watch it on a Monday morning. Most likely we will stay on the ship to watch the game - then go explore Melbourne once the game is over. We have a couple of days & nights in Melbourne so we have time to do whatever we want to do.
    Read more