Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Day 54: Rhyll, Phillip Island, Australia

    February 14 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 61 °F

    Good Morning Everyone! We have just dropped anchor in Western Port Bay. Donna and I got up at our leisure; had breakfast at the World Cafe.

    It’s about 10:20 AM and the ship tender boats have started the task of getting people on to shore. The BIG event at Phillip Island is the March of the Little Penguin Parade which happens this evening. I will be sure to post pictures of this event tomorrow. I am pretty sure I watch a TV documentary on this a long time ago. Pretty cool we will get to see this event of nature tonight. - More to come.

    In the meantime, enjoy the photos of our view. I think our plan is to go into town for a bit and check it out - then tonight to see the Penguin Parade.

    Update: Donna & I were heading towards the tenders to go ashore. People were already coming back; reporting no power on the island, shops closed, weather is cold & windy. Since we knew once we would get a shore we wouldn’t be back to the ship until after 10:00 pm - change of plans - stay on board until the 5:15 PM Penguin Parade excursion tonight — back to blogging catch up.
    Read more