Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Day 67: Sunrise over Donut Island

    February 27, Arafura Sea ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    We are sailing in Arafura Sea. At about 6:10 AM this morning from deck seven off of Neptune’s stern the clouds painted the skies with all sorts of shapes, textures, and sizes. The morning sunrise colors on the horizon were calm not overly brilliant giving me a peaceful reminder to slow down and breathe. Turing around towards the east - high in the dark blue sky a full moon guides our captain towards our next destination. Much to the surprise of all of us this morning we enjoyed the mountain vistas of Donut Island. Please enjoy these morning images.

    Life does it so busy when cruising it is easy to forget to slow down, wake-up early and enjoy a sunrise.

    This morning I did fit in a quick excursion to Donut Island. Met another passenger, Don from North Carolina. We enjoyed coffee and getting to know each other a bit. We apologized to each other in advance for forgetting each other’s name the next time we cross paths. I really do hate it - forgetting people’s names. Also, spent a bit of time with Brian & Sheryl in the World Cafe.

    Life on a cruise is busy. Especially, for first-timers like Donna and myself. We still feel like kids in a candy store. (Off topic question: Is anyone from West Roxbury, Massachusetts do they remember the glass candy case at The Little Red Shop on Weld Street? Just curious.) Life is busy - Often times we have to get an early tender for our morning excursion - or maybe the late night caused you to want to sleep in on a sea day? With the art classes, wine tastings, lectures, time in the cold plunge, getting steps in (Donna more than I) talking with friends, planning our new route excursions, and just about every time we look at our watch it is time to eat again. I have fallen behind on my blog posts, I am going to do my best to fill in some missing gaps.

    It is Day 67 (67 times 2 = 134 days) so in about five days this puts us at the half way point of our 139 adventure. We still pinch ourselves with everything we have already done. Submarine ride 105 feet below sea level in Mexico, Helicopter ride over the the Bay of Islands, traveling through the Panama Canal, Mini-Golf in New Zealand, exploring the jungles of Tahiti, the list goes on.

    Today it’s now 11:00 AM I just added a photo of a little art project we did in our art class a map of our travels on the eastern coast of Australia.

    We still have more of the world to experience.
    Read more