Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    Day 109: Indian Ocean to Atlantic

    April 9 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    So today, marks a “sad” day in our cruise. We only have 1 more month to go on our great adventure.

    The other day Donna made the comment “Now that I know that this lifestyle exists - I can’t un-know it.”

    It will be a big transition back to our previous lifestyle. Cooking our own meals, making our beds, washing dishes, not having our drinks made for us.

    We will be advertising for the following staff - Housekeeper, Chef, Bartender, entertainment staff, and Paul will need a Gentleman’s Gentleman and Donna will be looking for a suitable Ladies Maid. Please submit your resumes as soon as you can. Viking has spoiled us treating us like royalty.

    #myvikingstory

    It is a good Google search to make “Dealing with post-cruise depression”. There are tons of good ideas. One of the first one’s to do is to book another cruise. We are figuring out where to go next.

    Here are some photos of our Sea Day today. Lunch, craft class, napping, dinner, reading, blogging, and of course a new wine to try,

    Cruising is such hard work. We will be in Cape Town, South Africa tomorrow and will go to the top of Table Mountain.

    An interesting note - This evening around 6:00 to 7:00 pm we crossed out of the Indian Ocean into the Atlantic Ocean. I was trying to find the line in the sea to know which is which. You know like it is on the map?

    But being in the Atlantic Ocean, and only one month away from flying back to Hartford, CT is really bringing this venture to the final quarter.
    Read more